Friday 6 March 2009

Sunday 1 March 2009

Sorry folks this is out of order and needs to be before the horrid week post.
Met up with Johnny Mac at 9am as usual and the pair of us set off on an 18 mile trek. We headed down Southport Road and on to Euxton Lane where we turned left on to Wigan Road towards Coppull.
It was a fine morning and we both had tshirts I braved the capri pants but Johnny had his lycra shorts on. Brave man. I set the Garmin (or so I thought) for 5mm and we were running ahead of it for most of the way.
There's a long drag up Wigan road but we were OK with it. At the mini-roundabout we turned right past Camelot and after a quick drink continued on our merry way through Eccleston. We were still ahead of the virtual partner at this stage. Through Eccleston and on to Ulnes Walton Lane where we both had a comfort break and then continued on our way down to Longmeanygate, both feeling tired. 14 miles. I was more tired than I was on the half marathon the week before. Down Longmeanygate and through Broadfield estate to Worden park and another comfort break then onwards up onto the A49, through Euxton and back to base. Eccleston church hill gave me a sudden burst of energy but I tired 3/4 of the way up. Anyway, we managed to make it back to the club in 3h29 mins 18.36 miles done.

No comments:

Post a Comment