Sunday 11 January 2009

User account

User account: http://www.mapmyrun.co.uk/view_my_run_78964

Just found out how to send the URL from mapmyrun. Anyway, here are the details. For breakfast I tried a toasted bagel with marmalade and a little honey.

I had arranged to meet Johhny, a friend from harriers at the club at 9am for a Sunday run. We set off with the intention of doing 10 miles.
Set off up St Thomas Road up hill, turned left onto Queens Road still on a slight incline then dipped down onto Park Road and turned left. Up hill past Chorley hospital and across onto the A6 still up hill. Crossed over and went right onto Moss Lane which is a country road going over the M61 and on to Blackburn brow (yes, you've guessed it another hill). Past the Red Cat and across to Chapel Lane where the best hill was waiting for us. It started raining as we reached the top so I had to put on my waterproof. Then it was down hill quite steeply. We then went off road for a hundred yards or so to the pub that isn't a pub and up Coppice Lane. At Hollins Lane we turned right and up onto Higher House Lane. Here's where I get a bit confused because we went off road again and I can't find the footpath on the map. But we came out on Blackburn brow again and crossed over past the old Railway pub (renamed now can't remember what it's called just found out it's called the Lock and Quay). Went down by the canal and past Botany Bay and on to the main road again. Across the M61 and back down the A6 and Park Road back to the car.
9.8 miles 1 hr 52 mins or so. I'll edit this later with the proper distance and the splits. This was a good run with Johnny keeping me going. I was experimenting with Lucozade Sport because that's what they use at london. I took a gel but didn't use it.
Had porridge when I returned home.

1 comment: