Friday 2 January 2009

2 Jan 2008

Marathon training time. After my cup of decaf tea and a banana, I got ready for my run. I set off at around 8:45am. A lovely sunny crisp morning with not much ice on the pavements. I decided to do a hilly run around Cuerden Valley. Started off going down Sheep Hill, a very sharp descent into the valley park and from then on undulating ground through to the A6. There was a labrador skating around on the pond he seemed happy enough whilst not seeing the danger of falling in. Only met two dog walkers en route. Crossed the A6 at the school and travelled towards Chorley just past the bus stop and up again on a steeply inclined zig zag path leading to the old Chorley road. Turned left here and crossed the road travelling to Hill Top Lane and continued upwards. The Lane is quite narrow and fairly steep in places, but always ascending up to Hill Top Farm. Saw two people taking a leisurely stroll. At the top of the hill the road goes right towards Wheelton but I kept straight on down the hill to the woods and took the path parallel to the M61. This comes out on Chorley Old Road again and I followed this to the end, turning left at the pub and up the steep hill leading on to the A6. Crossed the A6 and back down Sheep Hill Lane home.
Total distance 4.23 miles Height gained/lost 336m/332m time taken 48.55 mins
mile splits 5.7,5.3,4.9,5.0,5.3 mph.

When I got home I made my porridge and honey and two boiled eggs whilst I had a shower and did my stretches.

No comments:

Post a Comment