Tuesday 28 April 2009

Trimpell 20

I've just realised that I didn't post the Trimpell 20 race in Morecambe.
I got a lift there from martin and Tess harrington from Chorley harriers with johnny mac. We had a good journey there and martin parked off in one of the side streets.
There was quite a crowd there and I was very nervous as this was the furthest I'd ever run and my foot was still not quite right.
Anywho, I started off too quickly as usual, although it felt like a manageble pace. The race was flat as you would expect so near to the sea and mainly on footpaths and cycle tracks traversing the river lune.
Lovely scenery in parts and not too warm, comfortable to run in.
I started to get really tired at about 16 miles and started walk/running. I had only taken 1 energy drink and that clearly was not sufficient to keep me going for over 3 hours. Lesson learned.
A very weary soul finished the race in 3 hrs 20 mins and boy was I glad of the mars bar at the end. Tess was great, she gave me my energy drink part way round and then met me at the end. Martin drove the car to the finish and picked me up from there. I could hardly walk when I got out at home. I felt exhausted.
However, my later 22 mile runs were much better as you will see if you read them.
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment