Thursday 26 February 2009

Tuesday 24 Feb

Went for a 4 mile fast run this evening but it ended up with 7.5 miles in 1hr 13 mins. Not bad but I'm now wishing I hadn't because I hurt my foot. Well that is I'm not sure if I hurt my foot running or it was the shoes i was wearing for work which have a higher heel than the ones I usually wear. I hope it's the latter. haven't worn them today just in case.
Went to the gym on Wednesday and started to run on the treadie but my foot wouldn't let me. Fortunately my trainer was there and he put me on the bike instead and told me not to run. I had to do 12 miles in 30 mins on level 7 hilly which I did in fact i did 14 miles. Then I had to do 3800m in 20 mins on the rower but I only managed 3600 in 20 mins then gave up (well he did say 20 mins!)
Tonight I went to the gym for my usual session and tried a warm up on the treadie whilst kieron was seeing to someone else. When he got round to me at 4pm he said it's best not to run today again and we did (or should I say I did) some work on the weight machines then some aerobiking followed by some leg strength work with free weights and abs on the ball.
He said i should treat this as a "toy day" and that tomorrow would be hard work. I just hope i can run.
I called in to Sweatshop to try out some new trainers because I worried that my old trainers might be past it. I tried on some 2140's which were comfy and similar to my old 2130's which I loved to wear. I might try the Asics trainers when I go back coz they're comfy as well.
That's it for now. Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment