Sunday 28 December 2008

28 December 2008

Went out at about 10:15 this morning for a 11.65 mile very easy run. I got up at about 6am to have toast and honey and a cup of decaf tea then went back to sleep for a bit. Then hit the road once the food had digested.
I took with me my usual Boots hydration drink to keep my energy levels up and armed with my Garmin, phone and money just in case set off on a slightly icy surface. The sun was out and it was a nice day for a run. I set off down the A6 to bamber Bridge and turned onto the A49 past Leyland Golf Club (which was full by the looks of the car park) I stopped for rehydration drink outside the Railway pub and had a few stretches because my right calf was getting tight. Then onwards to Euxton station and left towards Chorley, past Tesco and Astley Park. Had to make a comfort break at Chorley Hospital, then on home in 2 hrs 11 mins.
When i got home I had my porridge and honey, a drink, and later after my shower I had some poached egg and beans on toast.
Iced my leg and slumped in front of the TV for the rest of the day nibbling on allsorts of leftovers from Christmas dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment