Friday 26 December 2008

boxing day

Got back about 2 hrs ago from a measured 10k. Weather was good going but coming back up the final hill was a bit windy (or is that my excuse?). Anyway I managed 1 hr and 41 seconds. Drat and double drat!! I was really trying to push myself to under 1 hour. Splits were:
8:54, 10:21.10:03.9:54,9:20,10:27 mins per mile. That equates to:
6.7, 5.8, 6.0, 6.1, 6.4, 5.7, 6.1 mph.
Maybe I started too fast!! The route is out and back, slightly hilly which shows up in the splits. The start is downhill for about 1 mile or so then it has a slight incline for 2 miles. I don't think I did too badly with my overall average speed, but I really need to work on some interval training to try to get a better speed for the next time I do it.
I had a cup of normal tea (when I say normal that's because I usually have decaff) before I set off and nothing else, so maybe I need to experiment with food/drink intake next time. Boots carbo drink when I got back and porridge with honey for breakfast about 45 mins later ( I know that's a bit late but had to take daughter to work first).
Long run tomorrow.
In-laws have been staying for Christmas, nice to see them but they were both coughing and I'm really hoping they haven't infected me with it. I don't think I could manage yet another month off training. I've been trying my best to stay out of the way but there's only so much you can do without seeming rude. I get really depressed when I can't train and four URTI's in as many months is enough for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment